Directions, Public Transportation, and Parking
The San Francisco Ballet Building is located at 455 Franklin St. in the Civic Center/ Hayes Valley neighborhood.
Driving directions from the Bay Bridge and Peninsula
Connect to 101 North toward Golden Gate Bridge. Exit 101 North/Mission Street. Turn slight right onto Mission Street/101 North. Follow 101 North as it veers left and becomes Van Ness Avenue. Turn left on Hayes Street. Turn right on Franklin Street. The SF Ballet Building is on the left at 455 Franklin St.
Driving directions from the Golden Gate Bridge
After crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, take Lombard Street exit. Follow Lombard Street to Van Ness Avenue. Turn right on Van Ness and follow it to Grove Street. Turn right on Grove Street. Turn right on Franklin Street. The SF Ballet Building is on the left at 455 Franklin St.
The SF Ballet Building is easily accessible via public transportation. San Francisco Ballet highly encourages the use of public transportation in support of the city's Transit First Policy. Keep in mind that parking in the Civic Center area is limited especially during performance nights.
In San Francisco
Muni (415.673.6864) and BART (650.992.2278). Muni Lines 49, 47, 21, & 5 all stop close to the SF Ballet Building.
Outside of San Francisco
BART (650.992.2278). The SF Ballet Building is a short walk from the Civic Center BART and MUNI station (see map below). Those patrons who rely on the elevators to enter and exit at Civic Center should exit at Powell or Van Ness Stations.
For alternate routes or more detail, visit mapquest.com, maps.google.com, or 511.org.
Parking Areas in the SF Ballet Building Vicinity
(1) Performing Arts Garage (620 spaces) - 415.252.8238: entrance on Grove, between Franklin and Gough.
(2) Civic Center Plaza Garage (840 spaces, underground) - 415.863.1537: entrance on McAllister between Polk and Larkin.
(3) Self-Park Lot (175 spaces): between Grove and Fell on Polk.
(4) Self-Park Lot (93 spaces): entrance on Grove at Gough.
(5) Self-Park Lot (36 compact spaces): entrance on Hayes at Franklin.
(6) Fox Plaza (200 spaces): entrance on Hayes between Market and Polk.
(7) Self-Park Lot entrance on Golden Gate and Franklin.
(8) Opera Plaza (120 spaces) - 415.771.4776: entrance on Golden Gate between Franklin and Van Ness. For more information, call BART Transit Information at 415.989.BART (2278) or Muni Information at 311 or visit bart.govor sfmta.com.